Night 1: Night train to Lao Cai.
Transfer from your hotel by taxi to Hanoi Railway Station for the night train to Lao Cai. Overnight in AC soft sleeper cabin.
Day 1: Lao Cai - Sapa - Tram Ton (1900m) Trek to the first base camp (2100)
Seat In Coach transfer to Royal hotel where you temporarily take a rest
After breakfast in the hotel we will meet our support crew, who will carry all equipment, foods and our clothing. We will carry our day pack with water, jacket and camera only. Today we will begin the first part of our ascent with a trek through terraced rice paddies and some of the hilltribe villages. Setting out from Sapa we descend into the nearby village of Cat Cat and cross Muong Hoa River. Past the river we start our upward trek to reach an elevation of 1,700m where we will have lunch break.
In the afternoon we will continue trek to the first base camp at an elevation of 2,300 m. The terrain in the afternoon becomes steeper and more difficult as we trek through massive Arrowroot plantations and up steeper slopes surrounded by bamboo. Our camp for the evening will be in a very small clearing on the mountain enclosed by bamboo. Sleep at Viet Hung base camp.
Day 2: Viet Hung base camp - final step to 3143m of Fansipan - Viet Hung base camp again
Today we set out for a full day trek to the top and back to base camp. As we continue on we will pass through primary forest containing giant, century old pine trees and expanses of bamboo. Our trek will take us to an altitude of 2,900m from this elevation we have a spectacular view across to the peak of Mt. Fansipan. The final climb will takes around three hours though dense bamboo forest. Once at the summit we will spend sometime soaking up the best panorama in Vietnam.After lunch we start climb down to an elevation of 2,700m. Our decent will be over large boulders, down a fairly steep slope. Back to Viet Hung base camp. Dinner and overnight at the base camp.
Day 3: Back to Sapa via Sin Chai. Night train to Hanoi
Today we trek downhill all the way via Sin Chai village. We will reach Sapa around lunch time. In the afternoon we will then be free to take shower and relax after the climb. In the late afternoon we will be transferred (Seat In Coach basis) to the railway station for night train to back Hanoi. Overnight in AC soft sleeper cabin
Day 4 : Hanoi
Arrive in Hanoi early morning, own arrangement taxi to your hotel. Tour ends.
- Warm clothes
- Gloves & socks
- Trekking shoes
- Trekking baggage
- Your neccessary medicines
- Charcoal bag if you have
- Sleeping bag if you have a better one
- First Aid bandage
- Breakfast and overnight at base camp
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above (Please note: pick-ups will be by a guide and driver or, where a guide is not necessary, a driver only. All unaccompanied drivers will be briefed in advance, and will carry a mobile phone to ensure smooth transfer arrangements)
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary
- The service of Hmong porters
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme.
- Lunches and dinners (as specified in the itinerary)
- Roundtrip train ticket Hanoi - Lao Cai - Sapa first class, soft sleeper train 4 person compartment
- Wash up room in Sapa
- Insurance Fansipan tour package
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Camera fees (if any)
- Tips fees
For more Fansipan tours
3 days Fansipan Mt Climb Promotion Price (Validity: Sept 2013).
Price is nett per person in US$, twin shared basis, tax, service charge included in the party of
|Sleep in base camp